Amy Gracia
West House
Topic: Independent Bakery Distribution
Essential Question: What is most important to running a successful bakery distribution company?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Independent Component 2 Update

(1) What are you doing to fulfill the 30 hour requirement for this component?
I am continuing with my service learning, and baking.

(2) What are you currently working on? How many hours have you completed?
I go to the bakery every week and bake when I have enough free time. Not including service learning, I have about 12 hours of baking.

(3) So far, how is it helping you with your essential question?
At service learning, I have been "moving up", which means I'm getting a chance to experience the different jobs at the bakery. This helps me learn the operation of a bakery business. My baking experiences has been trial and error, and this is helping me find out what it takes to produce a "quality product" that not only looks good, but tastes good too. I'm starting to become more familiar with the ingredients and tools that I use, and am asking "why did this happen?" when something goes wrong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment