Amy Gracia
West House
Topic: Independent Bakery Distribution
Essential Question: What is most important to running a successful bakery distribution company?

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Product

     My product is a possible career choice. What I have learned so far has made me realize that I want to someday open and operate a bakery of my own. I want to make my bakery a friendly "family" environment similar to where I do my service learning. The employees have a relationship with many of the customers, which also attracts people. The reason I want to own my own bakery is because I can make all the creative decisions. I'm not just another employee doing my job. Don Bishop (owner), in my 2nd interview, said some of the employees don't have the same outlook on the business as he does, it is just a paying job to them. The way I see it, is if I had a bakery of my own, I wouldn't be another one of those employees. "If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life."
     Being owner would also allow me to know how to do every job. The manager at my service learning knows how to do every job, which I think is important. This allows him to work side by side with all of his employees, building a solid relationship with them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment